Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
This position is dedicated to assisting our municipal partners meet their composting and recycling goals through consistent educational programming and outreach. Emphasis will be on conducting ongoing public education and communication with customers to ensure higher participation in recycling and composting programs and that all materials are properly prepared.
Representatives filling this position will serve as a company representative in the local community and with customers. Waste Management’s Public Education & Outreach Coordinators prepare and disseminate information concerning waste reduction, recycling, composting and the Company through a variety of community education tactics.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Identifying, developing and conducting educational programs for various community organizations, municipal partners, businesses and multifamily complexes.
• Working with municipal staff to develop and implement recycling and composting education programs.
• Developing and disseminating public education and marketing pieces for WM’s programs.
• Conducting site surveys and waste audits to determine trash, organics, and recycling service levels and making recommendations on size and location of bins.
• Arranging for new services and conducting on-site training programs with customers.
• Designing and delivering presentations focused on achieving recycling goals and driving awareness of WM efforts in the community.
• Cultivating and improving community partnerships and company relationships by attending and participating in public events, meetings and other programs on behalf of company.
• Planning and developing information designed to keep the public informed of company sustainability programs, accomplishments, or point of view regarding waste reduction and recycling initiatives in assigned locations.
• Preparing and distributing educational brochures and materials to persons interested in learning about recycling activities or messages.
• Assisting with the management of our summer intern program.
• Regular weekend and evening event work is required.
• Required: Four year college degree or equivalent experience in environmental studies, resource management, education, sales or communications. Organizational, educational, excellent writing and communications skills required.
• Preferred: Two years of experience working with outreach, education, resource conservation, program administration or project management. Knowledge of recycling industry.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Headquartered in Houston, the company serves nearly 20 million municipal, commercial, industrial, and residential customers through a network of 367 collection operations, 355 transfer stations, 273 active landfill disposal sites, 16 waste-to-energy plants, 104 recycling plants, and 111 beneficial-use landfill gas projects.
We offer a great benefits package which includes Health Care, Family Care, and Financial & Educational Benefits.